What causes severe pain during urination while on Budesonide?

Posted on Wed, 15 Feb 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am taking Budesonide for Microscopic lymphtoyic colitis When I urinate the pain is terrible what should I do?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be due to Budesonide .Could be due to UTI

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been taking Budesonide and getting severe dysuria .Budesonide is not known to have side eefctes like dysuria ,

Dysuria that you have could be due to UTI

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist