What causes severe migraines, nausea, dizziness, blurred vision and memory loss?
Take precaution and medications
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
Migraine is a problem which is encountered in many, causing severe distress and problem in daily activities. It is a chronic problem and can recur time to time. One cannot really say that it can be cured completely. So reducing the frequency and duration of headaches are very important. For people having such a chronic history as yours, prevention in form of precautionary measures is equally important as well as treating acute attacks.
I would suggest the following-
Lifestyle modification like daily good sound sleep, regular healthy meals and brisk exercises. Avoiding much exposure to sun and using caps, umbrella etc.
Preventive medicines like propranolol, topiramate etc have been found to be very useful.
Painkillers and triptans in acute attack. You use excedrin which contains paracetamol, aspirin and caffeine and is recommended in migraine attacks. Triptans like sumatriptan has been proved effective too.
So I would emphasise upon prevention as I have already mentioned above.
One cannot say that there will not be any acute attacks, but the severity will definitely be less when such treatment is continued.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dizziness and nosebleeds with blurred vision
- I am having severe migraine confused and blurred vision
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and severe migraine
- What causes dizzy spells and blurred vision
- What causes head presuure with blurred vision and dizziness
- Causes of severe migraines
- What causes severe migraine headaches
- What causes blurred vision
- What causes sudden blurred vision
- What causes blurred vision and shakes