• question-icon

What causes severe flushing of face?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Infections
Question: Hi, My face has been flushing from early pm to now, 11:40pm. I have no other symptoms. I had c-diff last August and was hospitalized for 4 days.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Too early to make a call right now. Monitor a little more for now!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this flushing that you have reported. I have reviewed this information fully and it is not totally clear what the immediate problem. This alone without any other symptoms makes it difficult to come up with a list of possible causes and makes me believe this is probably a transient phenomenon which represents no distinct disease condition o ongoing disease condition. Also, resolution in most instances is spontaneous and requires no strict medical intervention. Unless this persists, I will not immediately want to undertake any aggressive measures to investigate. Based on this, I will suggest that you monitor further for at least 24hours and if nothing improves, then we shall start. If it does, there is no further reasons to get worried. This is certainly in no way related to Cdiff infection.

I hope this is guiding enough. Keep me posted with your progress for more insights and guidance. Until next, I wish you well and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.

Dr. Ivo Ditah