What causes severe chills, fever and flushing on the face?
viral fever, symptomatic treatment
I have gone through your query.
These days in practice we are also seeing such high grade viral fever which are taking upto 5 to 6 days to resolve.
We initially give them symptomatic treatment. If it dies not respond we ask for investigationS like complete blood pictures, Widal and peripheral smear for MP(MALARIAL PARASITES)
So I would suggest him take plenty of fluids, keep himself hydrated, as fever causes dehydration.
Paracetamol 650 mg thrice a day.
This fever should resolve in next 3-5 days, if persist we have to go for above mentioned tests.
Hope this helps
In future you can directly ask questions to me at
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Severe chills
- Severe chills causes
- Treatment and cure for Severe chills
- Diagnosis of Severe chills
- What is the cause for severe chills
- Have fever severer chills and excruciating aches after tooth extraction
- What could cause severe chills despite body temperature being normal
- Severe chills and shaking
- Severe chill with warm face what does it indicate
- Severe chills with no fever