• question-icon

What causes sensitive stomach and urge to defecate?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Good morning

I am a 32 years old man and some years ago (approximately 8) my stomach started to be sensitive without any reason. I started to be anxious before travelling or be in closed areas. I was always scared that I need to ugye gently go to the bathroom. If I know that I can go to the bathroom at any time I need I have no problem at all. I feel that this problem is crippling me. I always go to the bathroom before travelling and take loperamide everyday if I need to go to work. on my off days I try not to use NY medicine. could you advise me where to turn with this. is there any way to recover of this ?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See a psychiatrist!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. Your symptoms are typical of someone who has permanent fear especially of closed environments. This is well documented and you would benefit most for cognitive behavioral therapy and desensitization. These would reprogram and recondition your mindset in such a way that you are no scared of these situations/places whenever you find yourself there. The best person to talk to for evaluation and establishing a treatment plan is a psychiatrist. Please, request for one and let me know how this unfolds. I am sure you would very much enjoy the services.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah