• question-icon

What causes sciatic nerve pain when diagnosed with herniated disc?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have had sciatic nerve pain since October 2016. I have had an MRI and have herniated disc. I am wanting to have surgery to remove the herniated disc instead of doing thee injections. I have seen a neurologist and an orthopedic spine surgeon and they are both recommending spinal injections. I am looking for the most successful place to have the surgery.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Near you: Oklahoma Spine Hospital.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Since you live in U.S.A, best hospitals with spine and neurosurgery programs include Johns XXXXXXX Hospital, XXXXXXX Clinic, The hospital for special surgery (New York), etc.

Near you, Oklahoma Spine Hospital is an appropriate place where you can have correct indications and treatment about herniated disc disease.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical