What causes round lumps on inside of labia?

Question
I have round lumps-pea size and shape-inside of my labia. My dr seems to ignore it but sometimes it is very bothersome. Most of the time I don't feel anything until I wipe. Other times my labia feels like it is on fire. I use different OTC pain cream to stop the pain. I am 65 years lid and in good health. I have been married for 40 years.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Bartholin cysts

Detailed Answer:

I think we are talking about bartholin glands turning into cysts and inflammed. Sometimes they enlarge and cause more pain than usual. They are generally benign. I think you should be stern on your doctor to intervene and excise them. The drier the vaginal mucosa the more chances of inflammation. You can get an Oestrogen cream prescribed from your doctor for time being.

Hope this helps.