What causes ringing in head and bad headache?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have a sound in my head like static on a radio no pain but it comes and goes more today than yesterday. I have a headache today, not terrible but annoying
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
tinnitus

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you are have a sounds in your head. This sounds like you have tinnitus. This is hearing damage that you hear as a ringing or as a radio static like sounds. It could be related strictly from normal hearing loss of it could be from Meniere's disease. I would recommend that you see your medical provider and be referred to an ENT specialist who can do testing to determine the cause of the hearing change. With either condition there is no medication or treatment that will help. But if the sound is too bothersome we tell people to use white noise like a radio to distract your brain to listening to the radio and not the tinnitus.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions