What causes right sided pain under the ribs?
Thank you for the query.
In this area such pain is most likely caused by gallstones. Especially if also nausea is present and it appears after a meal.
Kidney stone pain can be also located in this area. There should be also problem with urinating like frequent urinating, burning while urinating, lower abdominal pain.
Ultrasound should give the answer about the source of the pain.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain below ribs on right side
- Experiencing pain on side of ribs underlying cause
- What causes pain in left side right below the ribs
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes severe pain under right rib during menstruation
- What causes nagging pain under ribs
- What causes pain in right side near ribs with a lot of belching
- Pain under right rib cage causes
- What causes right sided pain around the ribs
- What causes pain on left side under ribs