• question-icon

What causes right-sided abdominal pain during pregnancy?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello sir, please help me i am afraid for my wife. My wife give our first baby now 9 months old through c-sect. Our doctor recommend to wait at least 1 year for the next one. But last month we get intercourse without birth control, now my wife complain about stretching pain in her right abdominal for about 3 to 4 days. We done urine pregnancy test and its give positive result. She get uncontrollable stretching in her right abdominal. Me and wife get afraid to what to do now. Can pregnant again after 9 months c-sect be dangerous to my wife or to my unborn child? And what to do with her pain? please suggest me.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. first you will go for ultrasound.you can consent to doctor for medical abortion .if you want to continue than a good diet and proper care will be there is less risk to your wife and baby.first usg will rull out for ectopic and other problem.for pain you can give her paracetPlease feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Replied by Dr. Rakhi Tayal , 0 minutes ago XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
Thanks mam for the valuable suggestion, my wife don't want go for abortion, she want to give birth but she get little worries about the health complication for her and for baby. Mam its ok to give birth the child as per our condition mostly after 9 months c-sec? And one thing she not always get pain in her right abdominal, yesterday she get pain at 3 pm and last long for 6 pm, today she get pain at 8 pm. So what to do for this? And mam please suggest can we go for the birth or do abortion. My wife want to give birth. thanks for your support.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
She can continue the pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Having conception again nine months after cesarean section does not pose any major health risk for your wife or baby. It is alright to continue the pregnancy and give birth to the baby but during the pregnancy she has to take a good care of her health and have a healthy nutritious diet. She has to stop breast feeding the first baby also.'
The mild pain that she is having can be due to uterine stretching or an intestinal colic. Such minor pain usually subsides with rest or a mild pain killer. Do get proper medicine prescribed from her gynecologist after examination and ultrasound scan.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks mam,
I have one more question that she complain about pain in her right abdomen. Can there be a chances of ectopic pregnancy. If yes then what are option?

And she get pain not always but time to time in her right abdomen.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ectopic pregnancy can be ruled out by ultrasound scan.

Detailed Answer:
If there is a pain in the lower abdomen then an ectopic pregnancy needs to be ruled out after an ultrasound scan. Even if the pain is intermittent do consult a gynecologist and get proper scan done.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN