• question-icon

What causes redness and irritation in skin?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: No allergies that are known. the bit happened the day after Easter. started off as just a different color path of skin. went to the emergency room and they said if it gets red or bigger to come in. it's been red and pretty big. I'm thinking a spider bit. can u help me? the skin started to be tender two days ago.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not a spider bite.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the image attached. The area of skin is irregular and aggressive looking. This is not just a spider bite. You need to attend an ER as soon as possible. Proper investigations are needed to find the cause. You can consult a dermatologist for proper treatment.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
this is a bit on my infant son. I went to the hospital they said to let it dry Nd to keep it clean
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult a dermatologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If the lesion is painful and is spreading aggressively then it needs proper medicines to stop the further complications. Do consult a dermatologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN