What causes red swollen painful infection on toe?
Skin infection of the toe
Although Z pack is a very high generation antibiotic that can treat any kind of infection I do not think it is reasonable to take such high broad spectrum antibiotic for simple skin infection on the toe that made it to swell and look red.
It just requires Amoxicillin kind of antibiotics and may be a local antiseptic cream like Neosporin. Along with this Ibuprofen helps a lot three times a day.
So I would not advise such dose of Azithromycin for my patients even though they have free pack left with them at home.
Hope this reveals good information
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What viral infections cause hands swollen and eyes red and dry and swollen
- Have swollen finger toes and lips what is causing this
- What causes swollen toes with burning sensation
- What causes numbness swollen and painful toes
- Swollen inflamed toes causes
- What causes reditchy swollen toes every night
- What causes red toes
- Toe infection causes
- What is the cause for itchy swollen and painful toe
- Causes of swollen painful ichy toes