What causes red spots on the thigh during 20th week of pregnancy?
Needs dermatologist review and Clotting profile
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know about the problems you have been facing lately.
Based on the history and picture that you have shared, it seems like petechiae rash and that can be due to low platelets or deranged clotting profile so these need to be screened on blood work up as certain conditions in pregnancy may trigger derangement in coagulation profile or platelet counts.
Other possibility of allergic rash is also highly likely as considering the itching and other symptoms it also needs to be ruled out. Other infective conditions are unlikely except for scabies which can present like furrows and itch marks as present in the picture. Final opinion should be made after careful examination by a dermatologist and considering the pregnancy it further necessitates that treatment should be very targeted to avoid any harmful implications to the baby so examination in person bht a dermatologist is mandatory.
Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
What kind of blood tests do i need to order ?
It can wait if rash and symptoms remains static or improves
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it can wait if rash remains static or start resolving and if symptoms like itching and discomfort decrease but if symptoms worsen then immediate consultation would be needed. Blood work up may include complete blood picture for eosinophil and platelets counts and coagulation profile. Wish you a healthy pregnancy. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spotting during pregnancy
- What causes spotting while on duphaston during pregnancy
- What causes contractions and red spotting on wiping during pregnancy
- What causes small purple spots inside the thighs
- Spotting during pregnancy causes
- What causes red blotchy thighs and knees and
- What causes red rash on thighs
- What causes red blisters in inner thighs
- What causes brown spots all over the thigh
- What can cause minimal spotting during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?