Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

200 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What do the attached CBC reports indicate based on cholesterol levels?

Answered by
Dr. Vaishalee Punj

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2003

Answered : 1932 Questions

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor need a second opinion. I had been diagnosed with Typhoid last week and after a week of treatment I feel fine. Doctor said that Widal Test will show positive upto 40 days even after infection is treated.
I have removed a second blood test today and attached are the results.
Request you to please provide feedback on the results especially Cholestrol Levels and CBC report. I am taking Atorvastatin 10mg for this after consultation.
Please let me know your observations. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes Widal can show positive for sometime

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.

If you are feeling fine and there is no fever, then antibiotics can be discontinued after 2 days of fever control. Widal can show positive for days to months after curing infection. This is even written in your report. So be assured.

Second observation is high eosinophil levels. Do you have any allergy, parasitic or fungal infection? I will suggest that you get stool culture and sensitivity, and check stools for ova and parasites. Anyways I will suggest that you drink cleaner water and hygienic food. Eat soft foods and avoid fish.

In your lipid profile, triglyceride levels are high. Firstly low fat diet and regular exercise should be tried for 3 months. If it does not help, then atorvastatin may be started. In case of any other cardiovascular health issues, atorvastatin maybe started rightaway. Though Atorvastatin is a safe medicine, but positive Widal may have affected your liver. So I will like to wait for few months before starting atorvastatin.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Lab Tests ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Eosinophil

doctor1 MD

I had a CBC with Diffential/Platelet blood test done and have an EOS (absolute) of 0.5 which is called "high" .... there is also this designation x10E3/ul ....... associated with this reading. I am 70 years old, in (apparently) good condition. I...

doctor1 MD

what does No M-Protein Detected. but IgA at .40 and IgM -0.10 1 years ago i finish my LLC stage 2 B non mutated , i just dont wnat to do that again soon