What causes red spot at the base of penis?
For how long have you had this?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I have reviewed the images and this spot is not suggestive of an STD. I rather think this is nothing beyond soft tissue irritation and healing would be spontaneous without the need for further medical management. I recommend keeping it clean and airy and stay away from applying any uncalled for products. Unless something else comes up, there is no reason to seek immediate and aggressive medical attention at this time. Without itch, there is no way this could have possible been a jock itch.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
PAin after sex is most likely caused by minor trauma during sex!
Pain after intercourse is mechanical and not linked to an infection. Be calm and monitor only at this time. If something else comes up which is concerning, the we will consider further detailed investigations. For now, I find no strong arguments to suggest such.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Happy for more exchanges if need be.
No, monitor and report progress!
I will like that you observe these bumps before we get to make any substantive moves. Most common cause of bumps in the genitals are inflamed hair follicles which normally resolve spontaneously. Monitor only for now and report progress to me.
I wish you well and hope to get your updates!
I have a couple more questions and all have pictures attached.
1. What could these white spots/dots be on my scrotum?
2. Any idea how to get rid of is red irritation in the crease of my crotch?
3. This red spot is in my upper pube area and does not itch. Any idea what caused this?
HI and thanks for this follow up.
I have reviewed the three additional images. These lesions are more suggestive of irritation following shaving. I will recommend you avoid shaving very low as this is often a provoking and aggravating factor. Keep this area clean and airy and resolution would be spontaneous. There is no need for any specific medical intervention at this time.
I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fordyce spots on penis
- What causes red spots around the penis shaft
- What causes bumps in the base of penis
- What causes itchy spots on penis
- What causes redness on the penis
- What causes red spots on penis
- What causes red spots on penis after an intercourse
- What causes red spots on head of penis
- What causes red patch on penis
- What is the cause of penis turning red