What causes red rashes in genital area?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Couple days ago I started to having red little rashes on my genital. it has no pain no itch, but started to get more and more I am scared because I don't know if this is herpes or some other stds symptoms like sythilis. I had sex with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago, so I have no idea what's going on.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
LIKELY TO BE DUE TO FUNGAL INFECTION

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcare-magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

Thanks for providing clinical photograph. From the picture it is likely to be Balanitis(inflammation opf glans/head of penis). The most common cause is lijkely to be fungal infection. The lesion do not appear to be due to any STD.

I would suggest you the following

1. Abstain from sexual intercourse for next 2-3 weeks

2. Local application of combination of antifungal and steroid ointment will be helpful

If the symptoms still persist even after 1 week of application then don't hesitate to consult your primary care Physician for further assessment.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS MD
Dr. T Shobha Deepak