What causes red blisters on the penis?
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Seems to be yeast infection, answer few questions
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be yeast infection.
I need to ask you few questions:
Are you diabetic or taking any long term antibiotics or any other medicines?
Are you sexually active?
If yes is your partner having history of vaginal discharge and itching?
Kindly revert with the answers.
I have also undergone fissure surgery in 1996 and fistula surgery in 2009
Currently I am taking following medicines :
1. Insulin Novomix 30 - morning - evening - 30 units each time
2. Lantus - 21 units - once daily
3. Janumet 50/500 - once daily
4. Prolomet XL 50 - once daily
5. Telma 40 - once daily
6. Clopilet - once daily
7. Pan 40 - once daily
8. Tonact TG - at bed time
9. Angispan TR (2.5 mg) - once daily since last around 30 days. - recently due to some heart discomfort. ECG was however, normal.
( from Aug 2015 for about six months I was also on Nikoran 10 mg)
10. Revital - once daily
11. Ecospirin 150 - once daily
Yes I am very sexually active.
Other than occassional and at few times, My partner does not have a regular history of vaginal discharge or itching, but she has undergone uterus removal in 2011.
I am 62 years old and my wife is 58 years old.
Hope you have got the entire picture.
Yeast infection, oral and topical antifungals , antihistaminic
After going through your history you seem to be having yeast infection which is very common in diabetics.
Keep your blood sugar levels under control, keep the area dry and apply antifungal cream like sertaconazole cream on the affected area twice daily for 2 weeks.
Besides this take oral antifungal like tablet fluconazole 200 mg twice weekly and antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once daily for 2 weeks.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.
These should help in resolving your problem.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red blister on penis spreading
- Red blisters causes
- Clustered, red blisters causes
- What causes the bleeding of red blister on tongue
- Red blister on penis head
- What causes red blisters in inner thighs
- What causes raised dry red blisters on the nose
- What is the cause for itchy wrist with red blisters
- What causes painswellingredness and red blisters on feet
- Red, red blisters causes
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs