• question-icon

What do my BP readings indicate?

Posted on Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My blood pressure reading show 120/160 I am taking olmat H40 prolomet xl 25 and stamlo 5 mg. Still pressure shows high and i feel uncomfortable. Please advise
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to increase stamlo to 10 mg

Detailed Answer:
We need to optimize the bp medicines for you. Firstly we will increase the dose of stamlo to 10 mg once a day. Later if needed, we will increase the dose of prolomet xl to 50 mg if your pulse rate is above 65 per minute.
You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high calorie diet. Have low salt diet and monitor blood pressure regularly thrice a day for one week then once or twice a week and bp should not be persistently more than 140/90 mmhg.
Regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging according your capacity atleast 30 min a day and 5 days a week. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, avoid meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.
Also, get your renal function test and renal artery Doppler to look for cause of high bp.
For your lipid problem, you should change rosuvastatin to Atorvastatin 10 mg bedtime rather than stopping it.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sagar Makode 17 minutes later
What steps I have to take to control Hypertensio and also request to presicribe medicines to take. Here I have uploaded few earlier reports for your observation
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tab Stamlo 10 mg once a day

Detailed Answer:
You need to take all medicines similarly except tab Stamlo for which dose needs to be increased to 10 mg once a day.
1. Tab Stamlo 10 mg once a day
Other options is ,you can have Tab Stamlo 5 mg twice a day which is equally effective.
2. Tab Atorvastatin 10 mg bedtime(after dinner)
We are not able upload the prescription on this app.
I have gone through the reports, and sugar is very much deranged.
You should regularly check your sugars as well. Now, you should get fasting and post lunch sugar tested along with renal function test and repeat lipid profile. Also, get one ecg done as a screening test. You can upload the reports here once they are done.
Have low salt, low oil and low sugar diet. You need have regular exercises as told in previous answer.
All the best.
Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist