What causes recurring stomach problems with deranged lipase levels?

Dr. Samir Patil

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Mar 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Been having stomach problems. Went to see GI. has me do Lipase and Amylase with LFTs. lipase was at 72. Everything else was pretty much normal other than calcium at 10.3. was put on Pantoprazole and Librax. Pills were working ok but problems seem to be coming back but not as bad. Attaching pictures. concerned about stool color. Should I ask for more tests? If so, what tests should I request? Doc said he wasn't concerned. Thinks it may be an ulcer.
Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need for further tests now

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the reports you have provided. I have seen the documents you have uploaded.

Your stools look normal and you should not worry about it.
Your symptoms could be because of peptic ulcer disease.
Pantoprazole should take care of your problems.

In case your symptoms persist beyond 4 weeks then I would suggest to undergo an upper endoscopy

Hope this helps
Do get back in case you have further queries
Dr Samir Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari