What causes recurring rashes around the elbows while on Clobetasol?
Eczema or dermatitis herpetiformis, upload pictures
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,
According to your complaints, it could be eczema or dermatitis herpetiformis.
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas under the report section of the site so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Eczema, clobetasol cream, moisturising cream and antihistaminic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be eczema.
Eczema is a chronic disease which has a tendency to recur.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to continue with clobetasol propionate cream on the rash twice daily along with frequent and liberal application of a moisturising cream containing white soft paraffin on the entire arm 2-3 times in a day.
Also take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg twice daily for 2 weeks.
These measures should help in resolving the rash.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elbows to peel
- What causes rashes on scrotum
- What causes recurring seizures
- Can clobetasol cause hair loss
- What is causing the pain while bending the elbow
- What causes recurring conjunctivitis
- What causes diaper rash
- What causes pericarditis to recur
- What is the cause of recurring cold
- What causes crusty elbows