Suggest treatment for eczema

Dermatologist
Question
My father has been experiencing rashes and itchiness on the buttocks since last 4 months.. The doctor suggested it to be eczema.. And started the treatment with tyza and tacroz solution.. It has been 4 months and it has spread and covered the whole buttock like a dark patch scaly and non itchy. He is 65 years old and a hypertensive and has diabetes. He is currently taking telday h and XXXXXXX 2.5 for hypertension and Glycheck M for diabetes. He is also experiencing hyperuricemia and having solicept for the same. Kindly suggest a treatment for the same as the patch is spreading further.
Thu, 10 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Topical steroids are required for eczema, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints.
Tyza is an antifungal medicine and it is not effective in the treatment of eczema.
If he is having eczema he requires topical steroids.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of his buttocks so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for eczema 16 minutes later
How do i upload the photograph?.. I am not able to find the option for the same.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload under report section or mail them

Detailed Answer:
You can upload the pictures either under the report section of the site or email them to YYYY@YYYY as “Attention:Dr Asmeet”.

Brief Answer:
Seems to be eczema most likely, topical steroid & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photograph and there are few possibilities: either eczema or ringworm infection.
Since he has not responded to antifungal medicine I would keep the possibility of eczema more.
If I was his treating doctor I would recommend him to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily at bedtime.
Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for eczema 0 minute later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Plain clop cream instead of clop S ointment

Detailed Answer:
Tablet okacet is ok but only clop cream or tenovate cream needs to be applied.