What causes recurrent reddish spot on the penis head?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have red spot on my penis head. I have consulted physician he prescribed me a mometazone furoate cream and antibiotics it helps me but it again reappears at the same location , it is happening since 4 months. Red spot becomes white and disappears after sometime it reappears again, the red patch is painless and non itchy. I had a protected sex 3 year back.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
It might be an allergic contact dermatitis.
Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better way of management.
I would like to know whether the spot appears on its own and disappears after few days or it disappears after treatment.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
The spot appears on its own and everytime I apply that mometazone furoate cream not regularly basis and that red spot becomes white and then disappears. And more thing my penis head becomes to dry, sticky and shiney when I pulled my foreskin downward it sticks to the forehead so wat is an issue.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Non healing ulcer

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
It's looking like non healing ulcer.
Please get yourself investigated for sexually transmitted diseases specially syphilis.
Let me know the reports.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D