What causes recurrent chest discomfort, pain in the left arm and excessive burping?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Recurrent chest discomfort and mild pain, left arm pain, burping at night. Not in day. Looks like acidity

Thank you for your advice.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Maybe Gastritis, take Antacids, Meet family doctor

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns. Your symptoms can be due to various reasons like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Gastritis (acidity) and can also be due to heart attack, if not ruled out. Most probably it looks due to acidity.

I would advice you to Avoid spicy and greasy foods, Elevate the head of your bed at night, You may have food intolerance so if you can recall avoid food that aggravates your symptoms from your diet for a few weeks. You can add them back one at a time and see which food causes the discomfort.

You can try taking Cap. Pantop 40mg (antacid) once daily in the morning half an hour before breakfast for a week. I would advice you to get an ECG just to rule out heart attack.

If your symptoms persists or worsens it is best you meet your family doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,

Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana