What causes recurrent boils in a diabetic?
Please take complete course of antibiotics and check your HbA1c
I understand your problems... by the way boils are very common in diabetics ... you have mentioned that you have checked your glucose levels with glucometer... some times the glucometer values cannot be accurate suppose if it is not calibrated.. get your fasting plasma glucose, post prandial, urine miroalbuminuria and HbA1c levels with the current medications.. that will give us a nice idea of your glycemic control... please take complete course of antibiotics for example cloxacillin with clavulanic acid for about 5 -6 days ...
you told that you keeping the part clean ... make sure you are doing it for some time and also moist free.. other medications you are taking are good and has to be continued ..
please note that life style modifications are very important in managing diabetes .. please do exercise and practice yoga/meditation with good nutritious diet ... if you are a non vegetarian please take boiled egg white or boiled fish or some times chicken with out skin... in diabetic patients the immunity will be low .. hence you need to have more of protein rich diet ...
dear sir avoid touching the boil with bare fingers good clean dry cloths to cover it and meet your surgeon get a complete course of antibiotics ...
please do contact me with lab reports ... thank you do contact me if you have any other questions...
The Antibiotic you have referred i.e. Cloxacillin+C Acid is not available in the market in our area. Kindly suggest any substitute. However, I forgot to mention that to-day I hv checked my PP sugar and it is 148. Sir, I would also like to inform you that hba1c i used to check every after 3 months and it was 6.1 during the 1st part of October 2014. I will definitely do that again at the end of december.
you can go for cloxacillin plain also
Thank you for follow-up question ..
If the combination is not available please get cloxacillin plain also ... please get the prescription from your treating surgeon and go to the pharmacy or else you may not get it. This has to be take in empty stomach and four times a day ...
Do contact us if you have any other questions ....
Tab. cefixime with clavulanic acid along with local antibiotic ointment
Dear sir ... i understand your problems ... if you have difficulty then you can go for tab. cefixime with clavulanic acid (CEFF-CV) (This is also a prescribed medication).. two times a day after food for 5 days with out stopping ... do not touch the wound and keep the part very much dry ... use fresh dry cloths every day ... apply mupirocin ointment also please wash your hand with antiseptic soap / solution before touching the wound ... more over take care of your general health ... nutrition .. eat nutritious food rich in proteins (boiled egg/ fish) green leafy vegetables, fruits hydrate your body nicely .. TAKE CARE .. THANK YOU FROM H C M ...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Recurrent boils
- Diagnosis of Recurrent boils
- Recurrent boils on testicles what can i do
- Drugs/medication for Recurrent boils
- Why am i getting recurrent boils in the armpit
- Recurrent boil on back of neck
- Recurrent boils before menses
- Recurrent boils in armpits in diabetes
- Causes of recurrent boils
- Symptoms of Recurrent boils
- Suggest medication for diabetes
- Suggest treatment for diabetes
- Is it safe to have green coffee supplement for blood sugar management?
- What does my fasting blood sugar level indicate?
- Suggest remedy for sores on tongue in a diabetic person
- What does my blood report indicate?
- What causes recurrent boils in a diabetic?
- What does random blood glucose of 163 indicate?
- What do these fasting and post prandial glucose levels indicate?
- Suggest treatment for increasing post prandial values