What causes recurrent blisters and pimples in pubic area?

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I have these blisters and pimples that keep coming on my pubic area only I have no other symptoms they are painful
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be Genital herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely genital Herpes. If you send a picture of it then it will be more helpful in identifying.

It is better to go for HSV 1 and 2 tests when you having rash to rule out herpes.

Antiviral therapy with oral famcyclovir and acyclovir cream locally will be helpful.

Wash the area with ice water or warm saline for pain relief. NSAIDs can be taken if pain is more also.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 5 hours later
But genital herpes clears up in a few weeks this had been a month and more as one pimple breaks another pops up
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
That case it can be fordyce spot.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up query.

You are right that herpes will clear up by crusting in 1 week time. If it remains more then it can be fordyce spots. Fordyce spots are modified sebaceous prominences and they are harmless. But it should be differentiated with warts. Warts also can present like this in some cases. So better to confirm it by a dermatologist.

For clearing up fordyce spots taking more garlic and anti oxidants will be helpful. Tretinoin cream locally is also used.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 45 minutes later
But even if they're like blisters because they release pus but it doesn't crust over
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up query.

Genital herpes can be presented variably. In usual cases there will be burning sensation , pain and itching. But it can be painless in some cases also. When it is secondarily infected there can be puss also. In case of Fordyce spots if you manipulate it then it can be infected and puss formation is possible.

In your case it is better to rule out herpes by testing HSV 1 and 2 also. Avoid bursting it and using irritants.

Let me know if anything not clear. I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 3 days later
Doctor as they heal they pop up somewhere else mainly close to the place of the other occurrence they've been coming back to back
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If you send a picture of it then it will be more helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

Thank you for your follow up.

Fordyce spots can recur and come back to back also. If you send a picture of it then it will be more helpful.
Applying aloe vera gel will be helpful. You can get this as over the counter also.

Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Nishad BN