What to do for the cold soreness on the lips?

I ve had cold sore on my lip for 2 months and it hasn t been treated yet. I ve consulted doctor a couple of times and they prescribed me Acyclovir and Valtrex. They helped a bit didn t completely treat the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Wed, 16 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Dear you may be suffering from herpes simplex infection. You need to take Acyclovir mg tablet 5 times a day for one week. Apply Acyclovir cream locally for ten day's. If symptoms do not improve, need to take Valacyclovir or Famciclovir tablet. Apply Denavir cream locally for one week. If symptoms do not improve, please consult your doctor, he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.