What causes rapid heart rate followed by coughing while standing?
Should refer to ER, if your heart still racing
If it continues to race, you should go to ER and perform an ECG, most probably it is an arrhythmia.
If your heart rate is normal now, then nothing to worry, you just need a regular visit to cardiologist, perform an ECG and holter monitoring, which is an examination, when 24 hour ECG is recorded.
Hope this was helpful
Wishing you good health
In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask
It is very good, that you have normal heart tests. But if you have no such racing before, then holter monitoring is recommended.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rapid heart rate while urinating
- What causes shakiness rapid heart rate
- Rapid heart rate breathing rate causes of this increase
- Could panic attack cause rapid heart rate
- What causes rapid heart rate for hours after exercise
- Causes of rapid heart rate
- What is rapid heart rate
- Can pheochromocytoma cause rapid heart rate?
- Gluten allergy cause rapid heart rate
- Does periodontal disease cause rapid heart rate