question-icon

What causes rapid heart rate followed by coughing while standing?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016
Question: When I stand up I feel my heart racing and I start coughing alot
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Should refer to ER, if your heart still racing

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

If it continues to race, you should go to ER and perform an ECG, most probably it is an arrhythmia.
If your heart rate is normal now, then nothing to worry, you just need a regular visit to cardiologist, perform an ECG and holter monitoring, which is an examination, when 24 hour ECG is recorded.

Hope this was helpful

Wishing you good health

In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask

Follow up: Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan (14 minutes later)
Last month I had a test to check my heart and they said all was good no blockage or anything.they said it might be anxiety
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Welcome back

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

It is very good, that you have normal heart tests. But if you have no such racing before, then holter monitoring is recommended.

Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist