What causes rapid heart rate and nausea during pregnancy?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 20 Sep 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I am 31 weeks pregnant with my 6th child. For about 2 weeks now I have had sinus tachycardia but it has increasingly gotten worse to the point that my resting heart rate is 120 and stays that high almost all day long. If I stand or walk around my heart rate jumps to 130 to 150. I have many medical conditions which are Ehlers Danlos syndrome, 2 blood clotting factors, chronic bronchitis, MTHFR A1298C double mutation, and have problems with lab values since 2011 such as leukopenia, anemia, pernicious anemia, low, vit D and calcium. I have sponge kidney, and pinched nerves in my back, depression, visual snow, high cholesterol. EKG showed sinus tach, Echo was normal, all labs mostly normal. My symptoms are rapid heart rate, nausea, vomiting, headache, muscle weakness, tiredness. Right now I have no answer or help to make it better.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not worrisome.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It is good that all your cardiac work up is normal. During pregnancy sinus tachycardia can happen due to an increased cardiac work load. The symptoms that you have are minor ones and can be easily managed with the help of medicines. You can get the appropriate medicines prescribed from your gynecologist.
Taking a diet rich in calcium and Vitamin D3 will help you. Try to be relaxed and do some meditation and deep breathing exercises to control the heart rate.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal