What causes random vomiting?
Antacids and Motility agents will work but endoscopy may be needed
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what your daughter had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, it be inflammation of stomach lining like gastritis or any structural cause like hiatal hernia etc however a gastroenterologist review is a must and it's good that you have already been booked to visit one.
You can discuss for the need to do endoscopy as it can be helpful to diagnose and rule out any potentialy aggressive cause.
Meanwhile antacids like omperazole before meals can be continued however using Motility agents like domperidone or itapride can help to keep stomach emptying faster than normal and can prevent vomitings as well.
Central cause if vomiting is less likely in her case but once subjective causes are ruled out, psychological triggers for vomiting should also be ruled out because of her age group.
Baseline blood work up with serum electrolytes and sugar and thyroid levels should also be done. Meanwhile keep hydration adequate and avoid heavy junk meals and fizzy drinks.
Wishing her a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
You can use OTC antiemetic like metaclopramide
Hi! You can have OTC anti emetics like metaclopramide or prochlorperazine however consulting the gastroenterologist for exact cause work up, like you have already got appointment of, is better before starting one if their isn't any emergent need. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of random vomiting spells
- Random vomiting spells causes
- Diagnosis of random vomiting spells
- Weight loss random vomitting occasional headache
- Random vomiting and pulsating stomach
- What causes grey vomit
- Drugs/medication for random vomiting spells
- Random vomiting hot more urinating
- Treatment and cure for random vomiting spells
- Toddler random vomiting while sleeping
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?