question-icon

What causes radiating pain in arm and shoulder while doing regular activities?

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: For the last few days I have a bad pain in the top of my arm leading into my shoulder came after I hovered the house when I move the arm out suddenly it's so painful certain movements is so painfull
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Pain killers, topical and oral anti inflammatory drugs, avoid strain on arm

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think your certainly had a simple muscle or ligamentous trauma or tear. This generally causes some degree of inflammation and a resulting pain.

Using simple pain killers, an anti inflammatory drug and at times a topical anti inflammatory drug should be sufficient if taken for a couple of days. I also suggest subjected the affected arm to stress or heavy weights (brisk movements) for a couple of days. Persistence of the pain might necessitate the intervention of a physiotherapist, but its too early as of now.

I suggest simple Acetaminonphen, Ibuprofen and a topical anti inflammatory agent like Topical Diclofenac for a couple of days.

Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain