• question-icon

What causes pustules on scrotum?

Posted on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi, since last 4 days there is boil on my scrotum and also pus / blood is coming out of it and also lump is formed. this is on left side of my scrotum bag. yesterday 2 more small boils have come on right side, they are red in color. i have been cleaning puss using cotton and savlon . also have used candid b cream since last 3 days. please advise me at the earliest as i have to be on official travel whole next week
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please take antibiotic and pain killer

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Your condition looks like a bacterial infection in the scrotum. You must take the following medication

1. complete course of antibiotics like ciprofloxacin (Ciplox 500 mg) twice a day for 5 days after food.
2. Pain killer and enzyme Tablet TOLPA-D (diclofenac 50 mg, serratiopeptidase 10 mg) twice a day for 5 days after food
3. Tablet pantoprazole (PAN 40) every day morning on empty stomach for 5 days to avoid gastritis because of taking antibiotic and pain killer.
4. Apply soframycin ointment to keep area dry and wear loose cotton innerwear.

Candid B might not help as you have a bacterial infection. Septilin and Bresol are herbal preparations and will not help in controlling acute infection. Avoid friction between scrotal skin and thigh. Please take adequate rest and avoid heavy physical activity.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek
Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
pls advise if any powder can be used instead of safromycin as it is greasy in nature also will swelling / lump go away with these medicines
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Powder is available for local application

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing back with an update.

There is WOKADINE topical powder (povidone iodine) which can be applied and it is not greasy. Cost of powder is approximately 28.1 INR for 10g. Please ask for powder only.

Swelling and lump will surely reduce after taking TOLPA-D medicine. CIPLOX will control infection. Please do not scratch with nails.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist