What causes progressive fatigue and frequent urination?
Your symptoms could be due to Either UTI or Over Active Bladder syndrome.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have urgency,frequency for urination off and on since couple of weeks .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Are you diabetic?
2) Do you have burning urination?
3) Have you done urine culture ?
Frequency ,urgency for urination at this age are mostly due to UTI secondary to what is called as Post Menopausal Urethral Stenosis.
After menopause there is generalized atrophy of the genital organs which involves urethral passage too.This narrowed urine passage results into incomplete emptying of the bladder causing significant quantity of urine to remain in bladder .This stagnated residual urine is the source of chronic infection giving ride to symptoms like frequency urgency etc.
In absence of any positive evidence of infection on routine urine test these symptoms could be due to what is called as Over Active Bladder syndrome.
Consult qualified Urologist and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Routine urine test and Urine culture.
2) Urodynaemic study
3) Endoscopic examination of bladder (Cystoscopy) .
In the mean while take take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and anti muscuranic drug like Darifenacin once daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.
Further treatment will be decided by concerned Urologist based on results of these test and final diagnosis.He may do endoscopic calibration of urethra to widen the urethral passage while doing Cystoscopic Examination .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
1. No, I am not diabetic; however, last A1C was slightly elevated. We are retesting in 6 months.
2. No burning with urination
3. I believe they just did a general urine test but did not culture. Gave them my urine at about 11:00 am and they called me with results late in the afternoon.
Did take Nitrofurantoin for 7 days. Just finished yesterday morning.
As far as overactive bladder, I wouldn't have chills and low temp accompanied by fatigue would I?
Will probably go to urgent care today since I am not at my home until next Monday to contact my regular doctor. Don't want to wait that long. I will ask for culture to be done and go from there.
Look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks.
Fever witth chills suggests UTI.
Thanks for follow up and feedback.
Please get urine culture done and start taking appropriate antibiotic as per culture report.
Do write if you need any help from me.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- Progressive fatigue causes
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children