question-icon

What causes pressure on right side of face?

Posted on Thu, 26 Mar 2015
Question: For the last 3 days or so, ive been experiencing an odd pressure in the right side of my jaw/face/head. It gets worse if I bend over, and even if I put pressure on left side of face I feel it on the right side. A few ppl suggested it may be an ear or sinus infection but I have no pain in ear or sinus. What could be causing this?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
List of possible diagnoses below

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for writing your query to us.

I read your question very carefully. From what you are describing it looks these possible diagnoses:
-- Sinus infection: you may have had a viral lately, blocked nose almost all the time and nose secretions thick and yellow.
-- Temporo-mandibular joint arthroses: pain or changing of the pressure when you move your jaw, when you eat, or touch the joint line.
-- Ear infection: again, it may develop if you have had a viral infection lately, or if you had done swimming. Other signs may appear like pain when touching the earlobe, secretions from the ear, ect.
-- Unilateral headache: previous history of family history of this problem, but headache is very typical.
-- Teeth problem: a visit to the dentist might clarify this.

So, these are my thoughts with the little information I have. Most of these problems react by taking a painkiller, that will help the pain/pressure.

Hope I answered your question. Let me know if you need any further clarification. I will be happy to answer.

Take care,
Dr. Papaqako.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Klarida Papaqako