What Causes Persistent Tingling And Numbness In Right Hand Wrist?
Can be carpal tunnel syndrome.
Thanks for posting your query.
Numbness and and soreness in the wrist and hand occur probably be due to inflammation of the tendons or nerve inflammation caused by stress. Past injury to the area can also contribute to this.
Diagnosis can vary from carpal tunnel syndrome to bursitis and tennis elbow. Exact diagnosis can be made only after proper examination by an orthopaedician. So I suggest you to consult one.
In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief:
1. Give enough rest to your hand muscle.
2. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
3. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help.
4. Hot compresses to your wrist and hand will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
5. Wrist and forearm stretches can be helpful under the guidance of a physiotherapist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal