What causes persistent tingling and numbness in right hand wrist?
Can be carpal tunnel syndrome.
Thanks for posting your query.
Numbness and and soreness in the wrist and hand occur probably be due to inflammation of the tendons or nerve inflammation caused by stress. Past injury to the area can also contribute to this.
Diagnosis can vary from carpal tunnel syndrome to bursitis and tennis elbow. Exact diagnosis can be made only after proper examination by an orthopaedician. So I suggest you to consult one.
In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief:
1. Give enough rest to your hand muscle.
2. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
3. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help.
4. Hot compresses to your wrist and hand will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
5. Wrist and forearm stretches can be helpful under the guidance of a physiotherapist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and numbing sensations in right armshoulder
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes neck pain with tingling and numbness in hand
- What could cause numbness and tingles on legsfeet and hands
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes tingling and numbness in right side of body
- What causes numbness and tingling in thumb
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms
- Tingling in right palm dry hands numbness continuous tingling causes
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms