What causes persistent running nose, sneezing, itchy eyes and no sense of smell?
eyes, and for the past 6 months , no sense of smell and reduced taste. I 've been told it is more than likely
my 2 indoor long haired cats that are the problem?
Allergic rhinitis, Cats may be the cause.
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. 24 hours runny nose, sneezing all day and itching eyes are very classic for allergic rhinosinusitis symptoms and some allergens can be cause. Cats fur is notorious allergen and can cause this discomfort. You need allergen sensitivity test to confirm and avoiding those allergens. For now, antihistamines and supportive care like decongestants, frequent irrigation of nose and eyes and warm comforting beverages will help .
I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant running nose and sneezing
- Seasonal running nose causes
- Running nose causes
- What causes running nose and sneezing
- Running nose sneezing watery eyes coughing vomiting
- What causes running nose
- Causes of constant running nose
- Levocet for running nose, sneezing
- Running nose watery eyes cause and treatment
- Red eyes running nose whats going on