What causes sinus infection for eight days despite taking Z-Pack or Amoxicillin?

ENT Specialist
Question
Yes, I have never tried this before but I have now had a sinus infection for 8 days. Started out as a cold an turned into a sinus infection. I usually get 2 year one in the fall and one n the spring. I have been Iburofin and flu nase . The only thing that seems to get rid of is Zpack or amoxicillianor something like that.
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic rhinitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
As the symptoms usually appear with season change, it is probably allergic but as you said you are having sinus symptoms, you should get a x-ray paranasal sinuses done and put xylometazoline nasal drops along with the medicines you are taking.
Follow up with the reports so that I can suggest you better.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards