What causes persistent pain in foot despite taking medication?

Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in my right foot because of uric acid last 3 days. I am taking the following tablets as prescribed by my house physician.
1) Zyloric 300 daily 1 tab for 30 days
2) Cronin Advance 1 tab for 7days
There is no such improvement. One of my doctor friend Advised me to take the following tablets in place of Zyloric 300.
1) FEBUGET 80- 2 tab per day for 15days

Request you to kindly arrange to advise. Warm regards.
XXXX
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
recheck diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
hi
I am not sure on what basis you were given zyloric or febuget. high uric acid doesnot mean gout. a lot of people have high uric acid due to their life style and dietary habits but very few actually develops gout.
Even if I assume that you have gout, still you need to take NSAIDs group of medicines instead of zyloric. Zyloric or feboget are for maintainance only.

I would suggest to use naprosyn 500 mg twice daily and you will be better.

Hope this will help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor for your reply. Dr kindly advise, how many days should I take this medicine?
I will be obliged, if you kindly advise.
Warm regarded.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
one week

Detailed Answer:
hi I think, 7-10 days would be enough and see a rheumatologist...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T