What causes persistent lower back pain?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I experience pain in my mid to lower back when driving or doing lots of bending, lifting or standing in one place for a while, should I be concerned? When I try to stretch it out, a sharp pain happens.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Postural pain.

Detailed Answer:
From description it seems to be mechanical back pain, more related to posture while working.
For pain and spasm to go you have to do back exercises to relive the spasm associated with this. Doing hot fomentation and applying muscle relaxant gel will also be helpful in relieving the spasm.
Correct your posture while sitting. Take frequent breaks during your work.
Lie on hard bed. Avoid forward bending and lifting heavy weight.
You can take anti inflammatory drug like ibuprofen to relieve pain.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal