What causes persistent bowel incontinence, fatigue, chills and night sweats?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have had bowel incontinence for about 2 weeks. I also have fatigue, some chills and night sweats along with vertigo. I also have CKD stage 3 and newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes. These above symptoms are very New for me.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
please follow

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking on HCM.
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows
1. You are reporting to have bowel incontinence for about two weeks associated with fatigue and chills.
To my opinion it may be related with >
- acute gastroenteritis
- elevated blood sugar level.
2.This is why I would suggest to do
- sugar blood level and consult with your physician if the treatment needs to be updated
- blood work to check for white blood cells level ( indicates for infection)
- stool culture test
3.Meantime I suggest to /
- use probiotics
- take plenty of water
- avoid fatty foods
- continue with Imodium

If the symptoms prolong more than 4-6 weeks than you need to be evaluated with anal manometer test and EUS of the rectum to check for the reason of anal incontinence.
Hope it was helpful to you!

Dr.Klerida