What causes painful urination?
UTI should be ruled out
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Pain or sting while urination is most commonly due to urinary tract infection.
Sometimes, frequent pain while urination is the only symptom of UTI , and no other symptom is present.
A cut in urethra would have caused pain each time during urination.
I will suggest you to get your urine examination done to rule out any urinary tract infection and get appropriate treatment.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes abdominal pain and pink colored urination
- What causes burning and painful urination
- What causes pain during urination
- What would cause frequent urination and chest pain
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes pain after urination
- What causes pain on passing urine
- What causes mild pain during urination
- What causes pain while urination with abnominal pain
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this