What causes painful mouth ulcers?
I sometimes get mouth ulders which a re painful. Sometimes they are small and sometimes a little big - around 2cms in diameter. I don't get it too often. In the last 7 months, I've got it thrice and usually just one or 2 at a time and it usually fully goes away after a week or so.
My wife hardly every gets it so wondering if maybe there is something I need to be doing to prevent this. I know ulcers usually mean lack of Vitamin C or vitamins. Is there safe OTC medicine I need to eat daily to prevent a recurrence of this? I currently use Dentogel to help with the pain. Thank you.
Iron and vitamin B deficiency
Thanks for posting a query,
Mouth ulcers cause from many reasons. Usually caused by iron and vitamin B deficiencies, stress and anxiety and familial.
Apply Metrogyl DG gel twice daily for two days when ever you get it.
Have TAB. A TO Z for a month which will avoid the recurrence.
If it still persists your next step should be to get a HEMOGLOBIN and serum vit B12 tested.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes mouth ulcers in soft palate
- What causes chronic mouth ulcers
- Recurring painful mouth ulcers treatment
- What causes multiple mouth ulcers
- Painful sore in nose headache eye pain mouth ulcer
- What causes mouth ulcers in babies
- Lower back pain mouth ulcers vomiting tiredness
- Submental lymph pain mouth ulcers
- What causes mouth ulcers and numb lips
- What can cause mouth ulcers