What causes painful left leg?

Rheumatologist
Question
I'm experiencing pain on the inside of my left leg. there is no discoloration. the pain, however, seems to be moving up my leg. it started right above my knee and now is near my groin. the knee area no longer hurts. the pain level that I am experiencing is a 5.5 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least pain I ever experienced and 10 being the worst.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Pain Management

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it looks like its a muscle sprain or a ligament pull that is troubling you .

In my opinion you need to take rest and take an antiinflammatory like naproxen or ibuprofen for 5 days till it settles down if there is no contraindication .

You can also use analgesic gels over the area it will help settle the pain .

Dr. Shruti