What causes painful discharging holes on scalp, headache and nausea?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 3 Mar 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello sir my scalp has holes that open up then oose thick clear liquid then pinkish liquid that hardness the hole gets larger and in several areas. There are always valley's that lead up to the holes before the holes become a parent. They hurt and ate swollen around the hole and valley areas. At Times copious amounts of fluids are discharged.a strange covering developers over the hole it. Helpis always ballooned up and if touched the area will deflate then reinflatwe later. Headaches nausea sleepiness weakness flue like symtome always coincide it is now happening all the time non stop please help
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral antibiotic for 2 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

You seem to have developed scalp infection; pain, discharge, ulceration/ tunneling are a part of it.

If I was the treating doctor I would suggest a course of an Oral antibiotic e.g Amoxicillin+Clavulanate (625mg), three times daily, for 2 weeks

Or

Cephalexin 500 mg (Keflex), three times daily for 2 weeks.
Oral antibiotics would help resolve scalp infection and associated complaints of pain, discharge and ulceration.

You may also use an antiseptic shampoo e.g Cetrimide 5% shampoo Or Betadine- shampoo every alternate days.

Painkillers are only for symptomatic pain relief. You may take them once or twice daily for a few days till the infection and ulceration heals.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 7 minutes later
Do you think that the extreme fatigue weakness sleepiness headaches times about a thousand nausea loss of appetite are associated with this condition as well or do you think it is a separate matter
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic skin conditions can lead to systemic symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Just like any other medical condition, these symptoms could very well be due to the underlying scalp condition, if teh condition is extensive and chronic, however, other medical reasons for these symptoms should also be explored.