What causes redness, pain and swelling in the foot?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I HAD A TOENAIL REMOVED 3 DAYS AGO AND EVER SINCE MY FOOT IS SWOLLEN RED AND PAINFUL I AM TAKING IBUPROFEN FOR THE PAIN. WHAT IS THE CAUSE? IT IS 3 am now.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral antibiotics for bacterial infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your. oncern.

Perhaps the toe has got infected. Redness. swelling and pain are signs of infection.

I suggest a course of an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin and Clavulanate or Cephalexin, thrice daily for a week. Oral antibiotics are prescription medications. I suggest that you talk to your local practitioner for a prescription regarding the same.