What causes pain under the rib cage?
Could be liver/ gall bladder/ musculaoskeletal pain.
Hi, the pain on pressure that you describe could be due to many reasons.
Do you consume alcohol regularly or binges?
It could be a liver enlargement with pain.
It could be gall bladder related pain.
Or it could be musculoskeletal pain of the anterior abdominal wall muscles as they get attached in that area and any exercise or strain related to the abdominal wall muscles could lead to such pain.
You should see a Physician or GP who can examine you and advice accordingly. You also might need an Ultrasound of the abdomen to rule out liver and gall bladder problems.
Once we are certain what it is then we can start medicines if need be.
So please get it shown and let me know if I can guide you further,
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes terrible cough and pain under my rib cage
- Duodenitis causing pain under left rib cage
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes breathing problems and pain under my rib cage
- What could cause swelling and pain in the rib cage
- What causes sharp pain and swelling under my rib cage
- What causes pain under eft rib cage and eyelid spasms
- What causes headache and pain under my rib cage
- Pain under right rib cage causes
- Sharp pain under the breast in the rib cage cause
- What causes abdominal pain despite Protonix usage for stomach ulcer?
- Suggest treatment for pain due to pancreatitis
- Suggest treatment for gynecomastia
- What causes sharp pain in lower side of belly button during periods?
- What causes severe leg cramps?
- Is leg swelling a serious concern when suffering from DVT?
- What causes pulsating pain near ribcage below waist line?
- What causes lump on upper outer part of left arm?
- What causes consistent pain around the pelvic area?
- What causes anemia and vitamin D deficiency?