question-icon

What causes pain under the left rib cage area and left shoulder?

Posted on Fri, 20 May 2016
Question: My left ribs is slightly bigger than my right ribs. I have mild discomfort located underth my left rib cage area... The pain is more like a sharp pain that radiates to my left shoulder..
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (56 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possibility of musculoskeletal pain is more.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
But better to first rule out heart diseases. So get done ecg and 2d echo.
If both are normal then no need to worry for heart diseases.
Musculoskeletal pain is more likely in your case.
So avoid movements causing pain. Avoid heavyweight lifting and strenuous exercise.
Avoid bad postures in sleep.
Take painkiller and muscle relaxant drugs.
Apply warm water pad on affected areas.
Don't worry, you will be alright with all these.
Please let me know
1. Since how many days you are having this pain?
2. Do you have cough?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist