What causes pain in upper abdomen along with nausea?
Stomach and Gut issues.
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
In my opinion you have GI upset with stomach issues, Stomach inflammation and irritation can cause pain and burning..vomiting ..diarrhea..main suspect is that raw bacon you took.
You need to do a few things..
Here is what i would advise you to do.
1) Avoid coffee,caffeine,, energy drinks, fizzy drinks , alcohol..cigarette(what ever is relevant).
2) OTC anti vomiting meds can be used i would advise my patients Motillium thrice a day.(only in case of vomiting)
3) Use high fibre diet like whole wheat and XXXXXXX products.
4) Fibre supplements can be used.
5) Drink loads of fluids.
6) Eat more fruits and vegetables less fat and red meat.
7)For stomach you can take Tums or Syrup Gavisvom to control acid.
8)Eat smaller multiple meals instead of big meal eating.
9)If this doesnt work in 2..3 days or the fever doesnt go away then contact doctor about further treatment options in that case i would recommend my similar patients to take PPI (omeprazole 40mg daily) and A prokinetic like motillium
I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
Yes this can last through night
Hello thanks for writing back,
yes stomach issue can last for many days but it can be treated really easily with simple measures. I would advise you to follow my suggestion you will feel improvement.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headachesstomach pain and nausea
- What causes nausea and severe pain in ankle
- What is the cause of epigastric pain and nausea
- What causes chest pains and nausea
- Pain in lower abdomen nausea and headache underlying cause
- What caused upper abdominal pain with occasional nausea and vomiting
- What causes exhaustionheadacheneck and back pain along with nausea
- Painful clitoris nausea vomiting what is the cause
- What causes nausea and abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdomen pain with cramps and nausea
- What causes depression in a person with thyroid disorder?
- What causes smelly hair syndrome?
- What causes pain and numbness in chest and left arm?
- What causes pain in bottom of foot while walking?
- What causes itching sensation under chin area post carotid endarterectomy?
- Is it necessary to have antibiotics for sore throat and fever?
- Suggest treatment for renal cysts
- What causes severe cramps in foot at night?
- What tests help detect AIDS?
- What causes chest pain after doing cardio exercise?