• question-icon

What causes pain in the lower right abdominal area?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: I have a pain in my lower right abdomen area. It feels like a pulled muscle. But as I have issues with hypochrondria I want know more. It hurts when Im pulling myself out of bed or will be painful when I sneeze or something else that puts pressure or tenses up in that area. I have no other symptoms currently that would make me think appendix. Thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
with no additional symptoms- appendicitis unlikely

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Appendicitis, as you stated, would be associated with other symptoms such as fever, vomiting, loss of appetite, in some a change in bowel habits.

The fact that the pain is worse with certain movements and with sneezing , does imply that it is related to the muscles.
It is possible that there may be a muscle strain.

You can consider the use of anti inflammatory medication to see if this helps eg ibuprofen, naproxen
If you are experiencing allergies that are causing you to sneeze, then you may want to use allergy meds to see if this helps

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James