• question-icon

What causes pain in the lower abdomen and testicle?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello doctor, am having lower abdominal pain since three weeks and pain in the right testis and I recently consult the doctor and he recommended for ultrasound of whole abdominal and scrotum and urine test, abdominal and urine tests were normal and in the scrotum test it showing biminimal hydrocele and doctor said it's common no need of medication and my problem is testis is still painful and lower abdominal as well , and while passing the urine it's am getting burning sensation, can you please help me out and my doubt is it testical cancer ??
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to be worried about .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Pain in abdomen and Testicle with minimal hydrocele is mostly due to mild infection of the testicle itself (Orchitis) as regards your doubt about it being a cancer of Testicle I would state that it is not cancer of the testicle at all .Cancer of the testicle always presents with large swelling of the testicle .

The minimal hydrocele that has been detected on Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum is called secondary hydrocele and is due to collection of reactionary fluid around the testicle and needs to be treated with antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac for a week or two..

For burning urination take antibiotic like Cipofloxacin and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with urine alkalizer like Citralka thrice daily .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
thank you doctor, I have a problem with antibiotics , if I take antibiotics I'll get heavy gastric problem, and heart burning problems can please suggest medication for the same
thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take Pantaprozole twice daily

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Take H2 receptor antagonist like Pantaprazole twice daily along with antibiotic .This will help to alleviate the symptoms of drug induced Gastritis.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 14 hours later
thank you doctor, I'll use the medication as you proscribed, and I'll get back to you if needed, once again thank you so much doctor.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
O..K Tke the medications ,

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

Take the medications and have a good health .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.,.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 29 hours later
Hello doctor,
after having the above said medications am getting gastric problem , heart burning, vomiting scene , and am using pantaprazole along with the antibiotics, can please help me out for this
thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take the medications after food (Not on empty stomach)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Take the medicines after food along with a cup of milk .

Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist