What causes pain in penis during erection?

Dr. Vidya KR

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Lump
Question: Hi.

I'm an 18 year old male who for the first time got laid the other week (wooo Doc, give me a high five!!) but it wasn't as pleasant as I first thought.

I suspect this is the case because I'm not circumcised. Let me elaborate;

I CAN pull the foreskin back over my glands whilst flaccid with no trouble. It sits just below the edge of the head.

however when erect, this is the issue. It may lie between the Fenulum or it may be a lack of stretched skin - I'm not sure. I have done a bit of research online but all it's done is clouded up my mind.

There is little-to-no pain "around the foreskin" when trying to pull it back whilst erect, the only pain is on what I assume is the Fenulum. The best way I can describe it is as if there's too much tension on it.

What should I do? I will mention I want to try and avoid circumsion at all costs

Kind Regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urethritis or from trauma

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Your symptoms are suggestive of urethritis could be from poor hygiene.
During erection skin do remains tight behind head of penis. pain over fenulum could also be from trauma during sexual act.

Better to get urine test done to rule out urinary infection. Never forget to returning the foreskin to its normal position after pulling it back. Maintain good hygiene.

If your urinary test shows infection need to get treated for it.

Hope i answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.